Tuesday, August 25, 2009

IMO - Gake no ue no Ponyo


(image from filmeyeballsbrain.com)

Ponyo is kinda cute but I guess I will still probably freaked out if I see a fish like this in the sea XD. This "fish" is the main character of Gake no ue no Ponyo, the latest anime movie from Studio Ghibli, written and directed by my favorite anime director Hayao Miyazaki.

This 100min long anime movie is about the interaction between Ponyo and a five-year-old boy Sosuke. The graphic of this anime reminds me of the more "old-school" hand-drawn animes and that added a really nice back-to-basic feel to this movie. As usual, Miyasaki did a wonderful job in portraying the hearts of children. It's fun to see how different adults and children react when they saw Ponyo and it's this purest heart of Sosuke (and his love of fish) that eventually saved everybody from the storm.

I think it's a very cute + heartwarming movie I'd recommend to friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment